10/26/11

WRITING IDEAS

JOURNAL WRITING TOPICS

Staying at a friend’s house

A special secret place

When I was upside down

What if we suddenly had to move?

My most embarrassing moment

Talk about being scared!

Do I want to be famous?

Creepy, crawly things

What if I were the teacher?

I’ll never eat another . . .

My biggest surprise

This school really needs . . .

The first day of school is the worst/best

. A pet sitter needs special instructions to care for my pet.

. Doing homework

A song that means a lot to me

My best day

A day in the life of my pet

I don’t understand why . . .

Dirt bikes and in-line skates

A visit to a friend’s school

What is important to me?

A terrible storm

Me and the outdoors

My first school memories

Building a fort

Going to the dentist

What it’s like to use a wheelchair

Looking at a globe

An excellent birthday party

Gone fishing!

Rings on her fingers

Pizza is . . .

Why my mom and dad are the greatest

Getting my first pair of glasses

Summer games

What I use a computer for

My favorite form of exercise

How to stop hiccups

A trip in a submarine

A special photograph

Creatures that live in the ocean

A cartoon character I like

Things I see when I take a walk

Why I like/dislike playing team sports

Discovering a new friend

How we divide the chores at my house

Grandma’s attic

I’d like to invent a machine that . . .

My favorite clothes

.My Best Friend

.My Favorite Sport

.My Last Holiday

.The Pet that I would Like to Have

.What if I had Super Powers

.My Mother/Father

.Things I Like to do During My Pastime

.The Most Special Day of My Life

.The Person I Admire the Most

.The First Day in My New School

.Things I Did During Summer

.A Dream I had Last Night

.My Most Memorable Birthday

.Qualities Required to Become a President

.What Will I Do When I Grow Up?

.If I Became an Animal

.The Most Interesting Book I have Read

.If I Became Invisible

.If I had a Magic Pen

An Eventful Day in My Life

.

.

.

101 PERSUASIVE ESSAY TOPICS

o Kids should have very short Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving, and other breaks so they can go to school just 4 days a week.

o Kids should go to school 6 days a week, which would allow for frequent vacation days.

o Snow days are great for family quality time.

o Kids should get paid for good grades.

o Free speech should have limitations.

o Kids should have less homework.

o Penmanship is important.

o Penmanship class is a waste of the school day.

o We should teach manners in schools.

o Bible class should be put back into public schools.

o Spam mail should be outlawed.

o Short hair is better than long hair.

o I'm old enough to babysit.

o Recycling should be mandatory for everyone.

o Gun ownership should be tightly controlled.

o Children should be required to read more.

o We shouldn't have to pay for Internet access.

o All students should study abroad.

o Cell phones should never be used while driving.

o All schools should implement bullying awareness programs.

o Bullies should be kicked out of school.

o Parents of bullies should have to pay a fine.

o School days should start later.

o All students should wear uniforms.

o Cigarettes should be more expensive.

o Smokers should pay a health tax.

o Students should be allowed to pray in school.

o Teens should be able to choose their bedtime.

o We should allow pets in school.

o We should all grow our own vegetables.

o MP3 music should be free.

o Textbooks should be free.

o We should all give back to our communities.

o Every American should learn to speak Spanish.

o Every American should learn to speak English.

o Video games can be educational.

o We need more holidays.

o Aliens probably exist.

o Athletes are paid too much.

o Kids should be able to vote.

o Kids should get paid for grades.

o School should take place in the evenings.

o Country life is better than city life.

o City life is better than country life.

o Life is better than it was 50 years ago.

o Some health foods are really junk foods.

o Some junk foods are really health foods.

o We should return to horse and buggy transportation..

o Year round school is a bad idea.

o We can change the world.

o Skateboard helmets should be mandatory.

o We should provide food for the poor.

o The government should impose household trash limits.

o Children should be paid for doing chores.

o We should populate the moon.

o Letter grades should be replaced with pass or fail.

o Dogs make better pets than cats.

No comments:

Post a Comment